Threshold is most often taken in partnership with Financial Foundations, which covers the most important topics of being financially ready to buy a home and qualify for a mortgage. Threshold covers the actual purchase and maintenance of your home.
*We believe they are such a good pair that we offer a significant discount if you register for them as a combo (both are required for our Homeownership IDA program)!
Financial Foundations is one of our most important classes - a core of many of our programs. Whether you’re looking to buy a home, start a small business, or just get a better handle on your finances, this class is for you!
The 4-part series includes:
• Budgeting for your financial goals
• Strategies for paying down debt and building savings
• Understanding the credit you’ll need for your financial goals
• Insurance needs and an intro to financial planning
Registration for Financial Foundations includes an individual consultation with a financial counselor and a tri-merge credit report.
*Financial Foundations is the required financial class for all IDA participants, and must be completed before applying for an IDA.*
Since 1994, NEDCO has been working with families and individuals to prepare them to become successful homeowners through the Threshold Homeownership Program. Hundreds of families have taken what seemed like a distant dream and made it a reality!
This in-depth program has two components:
1. Four 2-hour classes: Topics include working with a realtor, shopping for a mortgage, insurance, home maintenance and repair, and weatherization and energy savings.
2. Unlimited one-on-one consultations: Work with a financial counselor to plan your individualized path to homeownership - whether you need help saving, paying down debt, reviewing financing options, referrals to trusted lenders/realtors, a second set of eyes on your closing paperwork - or maybe all of the above! Includes a tri-merge credit report.
212 Main St Springfield, OR 97477
T: 541-345-7106 F: 541-345-9584