FIELD TRIP DAY: Los Angeles
Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
Unlock the mysteries on the streets of Venice, the enigma in your own backyard and find the fascinating history and mystery that lies just beneath the sandy asphalt.
Field Trip Day is dedicated to the art of the wander, and discovery through exploration. Come and see Venice Beach for the first time or with new eyes: for on this one day she will reveal herself through the on site installations, challenges, and quests.
Meander the sunny beachfront town of Venice, California, where thousands of artists and eccentrics have built a strange and vibrant community and left a rich history in their wake. Together we'll find hidden places, discover secret histories, and learn skills long forgotten.
Meet at the Venice Beach Freakshow, 909 Ocean Front Walk at 2pm. Look for the tent marking the spot. Explore from 2 - 6 and then join us for an after party after 6pm (location to be announced).
Be sure to bring your smartphone (Android recommended), a bike, and wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be wandering and discovering hidden wonders all afternoon, and then partying with us after.
- When: Saturday, September 29, 2pm-9pm
- Where: Check in between 2-2:30 pm near the Venice Beach Freakshow, 909 Ocean Front Walk
- Who: Just like in grade school, Field Trips are best with buddies - so grab your friends and sign up as a team.
- Also: Bikes are recommended for maximum ground coverage
- Bring: Your RSVP printout, smartphone, water and your friends
This is not a tour. There is no guide. It is discovery, pure & simple.
Space is limited. Register for Field Trip Day Los Angeles below.