Field to Fork: Food Worker Justice Panel & Reception
Tuesday, April 8, 2014 from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come to this exciting panel focused on workers organizing for justice in the food chain!
- Edwin Cisco, general secretary of the Firestone Agricultural Workers Union of Liberia, will speak about his union's organizing efforts with workers on palm oil-producing plantations in his country (did you know that palm oil is in much of the food we eat?).
- Mark Lauritsen, International Vice President and Director of Food Processing, Packing, and Manufacturing Divison of the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union
- Woong Chang, founding worker member of the Restaurant Opportunities Center (ROC) of D.C. and a board member of ROC United
- Tiffany Beroid, a worker leader of OUR Walmart
The panel will be moderated by the International Labor Rights Forum (ILRF) and followed by a reception with light food and drinks.
This event is a joint fundraiser for the Firestone Agricultural Workers Union of Liberia and the Food Chain Workers Alliance, a national coalition of unions, workers centers, and advocacy organizations throughout the food system. ROC United and ILRF are both founding members of the Alliance
Thank you to our host committee:
- Andy Banks, Deputy Director and Campaign Director, International Brotherhood of the Teamsters
- Silvia Fabela, organizer, UFCW/OUR Walmart*
- Pat O'Neill, Executive Vice President, United Food and Commercial Workers International Union*
- Kathy Ozer, Executive Director, National Family Farm Coalition*
- Lorette Picciano, Executive Director, Rural Coalition*
- Steve Savner, Director of Public Policy, Center for Community Change*
And thanks to our sponsors: United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, United Steelworkers of America, & the Praxis Project
Thank you to the AFL-CIO for providing the space, food and drinks, including union-made wine and beer, for this event.
If you cannot afford the $25 suggested donation, please email us to RSVP and you can donate whatever amount you can at the door: info [at] foodchainworkers.org. You can also make a donation at the door.
* organization listed for identification purposes only
When & Where
Food Chain Workers Alliance
is a national coalition of worker-based organizations whose members plant, harvest, process, pack, transport, prepare, serve, and sell food, organizing to improve wages and working conditions for all workers along the food chain.