Come hang out and play with fibers at Artisan's Asylum! This one night of the week, come in and use our fiber arts equipment machines and space for FREE. Learn basic knit and crochet skills in traditional and unconventional fibers, exchange materials, get guidance from experienced quilters, costumers, and crafters, or just bring your own projects to work on in the company of like-minded makers!
To learn fiber arts skills, to work on your projects, and to spend time with other makers.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
Sewing machines will be available, but participants should bring all other tools and materials. If you have some materials you're not using that you'd like to exchange, bring them to offer to others!
Alessandrina "Sandy" Costa was an instructor in the apparel and textile departments Rhode Island School of Design 1991-2004. She produces limited edition/ one of a kind knit/ off the loom clothing, jewelry, accessories and small artworks for sale through New England venues.
Fiber Arts Work Night is every Wednesday night, 6-9pm, with ocassional Wednesdays missed for holidays etc. Check the Artisan's Asylum calendar to check.
Artisan's Asylum, Inc.
Artisan's Asylum is a 40,000 sq. ft. member-based non-profit community fabrication center located in Somerville MA, dedicated to making creativity a way of life. Our mission is to support and promote the teaching, learning and practicing of design & fabrication by offering:
* Shared design and fabrication tools and equipment in our various community workshops.
* A large range of publicly-accessible classes offered by local artisans.
* Various monthly membership structures allowing access to our facility.
* On-site studio and storage rentals allowing members to create and store projects on-site.
* Hosting local craft-related events to help encourage DIY culture and community craftsmanship.