San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Federal Employee Retirement Benefits Pension (FERS), Survivor Pension Options, the FERS Special Supplement and how to calculate your pension benefits and costs.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), the new Roth TSP option and the TSP options in retirement.
- Federal Employee Group Live and Federal Long Term Care Insurance Programs.
- Federal Employee Health Benefits and Medicare, as well as using your Federal Health Insurance in retirement.
- Social Security strategies and benefits to taking SS immediately or delaying for later, higher payment.
Presenter: Michael Nakashima, Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) and Chartered Federal Employee Benefits Consultant (ChFEBC). Mike has been training federal employees nationally since 2007 on the subject of maximizing their federal employee retirement benefits. As a CFP® and ChFEBC Mike is able to show you the value of your benefits from a financial planner and federal benefits expert’s perspective. Mike has been hired by the MN FEB as an instructor to educate participants on planning for retirement. This program is for educational purposes only and no financial services or products will be presented.
Lunch: A lunch option of a Jimmy John sub sandwich, chips, cookie and soft drink/water will be provided. Partcipants are able to bring their own lunch and beverage if prefered.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you have a reasonable accommodation request, please call the FEB at (612) 713-7200 or email Andria_Stegemanfirstname.lastname@example.org.