Feminine Faces of Freethought Conference
Saturday, September 15, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (PDT)
Women of Reason--Dallas presents Feminine Faces of Freethought, a conference featuring women speaking about topics that affect the freethought community as a whole.
Join us for a day of talks by
- Noelle George, coordinator of Volunteers Beyond Belief, founder and past president of SECULAR Center, and podcaster of Parenting within Reason;
- Dr. Jean Kazez, author of Animalkind, The Weight of Things, and the blog In Living Color;
- Elyse Anders, blogger at Skepchick, founder of Women Thinking, Inc, and leader of Hug Me! I'm Vaccinated;
- Bridget Gaudette, Co-Founder and Vice President of Outreach of Secular Woman;
- Dorian Mooneyham, blogger at http://transandgodless.blogspot.com and youtube.com/transandgodless;
- Anne Crumpacker, author of the blog Socratic Mama;
- Melanie Clemmer, Fellowship of Freethought Outreach Director and blogger at SkepticRD;
- Jamye Carr, Fellowship of Freethought Education Director;
- Tammy Walker, WORD organizer and blogger at Freethinking Ahead;
- and other members of the freethought community.
- Secular Parenting,
- Diversity in the Freethought Movement,
- and What Atheist Women Really Want.
9:00 AM Welcome: Melanie Clemmer
9:30 AM Secular Parenting Panel
11:00 AM Is Life Meaningless?: Dr. Jean Kazez
12:00 PM Break
2:00 PM What Atheist Women Really Want Panel
3:15 PM Keynote: Fifty Shades of Feminism: Noelle George
4:30 PM Diversity Panel
5:30 PM Closing Remarks: Melanie Clemmer
Have a question you'd like to ask the panelists? Send your question, name, and the panel or speaker you'd like to address to email@example.com.
We welcome people of all genders.
Childcare will be provided. Please reserve childcare while purchasing your tickets. Childcare must be reserved by 9/12/12.
Please note that parking is free but limited, so we recommend carpooling if possible.