"Feel the Love: Mob with a Cause" is all about experiencing poverty, that we might be moved to action.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
1. Do I have to register online in order to come?
- YES. You HAVE to register here online in order to participate in any part of the event. We need to know how many shirts, buckets, and pizzas to buy for you all.
- You also need to bring a SIGNED copy of the CONDUCT AGREEMENT to spend the night.
2. Is the a registration deadline?
- Not really, but if you register after Wednesday November 14, you might not get a shirt.
3. Do I have to be at the entire event?
- NO. You can come to as little, or as much as you want.
- You can come just for the INFO sessions, just for the CARBOARD CITY, just for the WATER WALK, or just for the FLASH MOB.
- If you want to be in the FLASH MOB (organized dance in the Claremont Village Square on Saturday at noon), you DO have to come to the Friday night flash mob PRACTICE (9pm)
4. What do I need to bring?
- Signed CONDUCT AGREEMENT
For the INFO SESSIONS:
- A notebook, and something to write with
For the CARDBOARD CITY:
- A signed medical release and agreement form
- Enough cardboard to build your shelter
- Tape for taping your shelter together
- WARM CLOTHES (it's November...)
- Sleeping Bag / Pillow
- Deodorant, Toothbrush, etc
For the WATER WALK:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Something to put padding between your head and your bucket (like a thick scarf you could wrap in a spiral)
For the FLASH MOB:
- Just you and your sweet dance moves (you will get your bucket at the practice on Friday night)
5. What ages are allowed to attend?
- This is mainly a High School event. There will be a few exceptions, but this is the general age group.
6. What is the schedule?
- 7:00pm Registration and hang out
- 8:00pm Humans v Zombies
- 9:00pm Flash Mob Practice
- 10:00pm Poverty & Compassion Info Session
- 11:00pm Build CARDBOARD CITY
- 12:00pm Sleep
- 8:00am Clean Water Info Session
- 9:00am Water walk / Flash Mob Preparation
- 10:00am WATER WALK leaves Newlife
- 11:30am Arrive at Village
- 12:00pm Flash Mob
- 12:15pm Pizza
- 1:00pm Return to church, go home
7. Will there be food throughout the night / morning?
- Nope. There will be drinks (coffee, energy drinks, slushies, etc), but part of our event is experiencing what it feels like to go without food. If you absolutely have to have food for health reasons or something, you can bring your own, but we would ask that you please not eat it in front of others, or make their sacrifice harder in any way.
8. Where can I get more info? I have a few questions...
Contact Reid Powell (Youth Pastor at Newlife Community Church)
Office: 909.593.7070 x25