Feedback Forum and Pitch Showdown
Thursday, August 11 (6:30pm EST)
- 6:30pm – Feedback Forum – 10 startups pitch to an investor panel; the panel provides feedback for each pitch
- 8:15pm – Pitch Showdown - audience voting via Twitter; winners announced and prizes awarded
- 8:30pm – Drinks at nearby location
Feedback Forum and Pitch Showdown is a brand new format for Ultra Light Startups. It is designed to serve the following purposes:
- Help early stage startups refine their business and revenue models
- Help the audience see how investors evaluate startup pitches
- Award prizes to the most viable startups, based on audience voting
In contrast to past Ultra Light Startups events, the panel and the startup pitches are integrated into a single session. Startups pitch to a panel of investors, who are also successful entrepreneurs. Each startup gives a pitch and brief demonstration of his/her product. The panel and audience ask follow-up questions after each pitch. The panel gives constructive feedback to each startup pitching. At the end of the series of pitches, the audience votes for their favorite pitches via Twitter. The winners are announced and prizes are awarded. Then we go for drinks nearby.
- Graham Lawlor (@generationg), Founder of Ultra Light Startups
- David Carlos, Founder of David Carlos Managed Information Architects
Panelists (alphabetic order):
- Owen Davis (@owendavis), Managing Director at NYC Seed
- William Reinisch, Venture Advisor at Paladin Capital Group
- David Teten (@dteten), Partner at ff Venture Capital and Founder and Chairman at Harvard Business School Angels of New York
- Mark Wachen, Founder and CEO at Upstage Ventures and Managing Partner at DreamIt Ventures
Local Sponsors (New York)
Video Stream: If you cannot attend this event in person, please consider watching our live video stream. The stream will have full coverage of the startup pitches, interactive panel discussion, as well as exclusive interviews with panelists, startup founders, and special guests.
When & Where
Ultra Light Startups®
Ultra Light Startups brings together the world's most innovative technology entrepreneurs, in monthly events and accompanying online communities. Events feature pitching, networking and interactive, moderated panel discussions with leading industry experts.
Topics covered: design, technology, marketing and finance