People get jobs in the Federal Government in the same way that they get most jobs in the private and public companies: by finding job openings and submitting a resume or application. But searching for a Federal job can be much more complicated because of strict regulations that are designed to keep the federal hiring process fair. Job titles are standardized, resumes need to be much more detailed and job qualifications are much more specific.
Tailoring your job search to the Federal Government's rules and regulations will increase your chances of getting a federal job. Discover the types of jobs available in the Federal Civil Service, qualifications required and learn how to increase your chances by:
• How to search job openings
• Decoding vacancy job announcements
• Understanding special hiring authorities
• Creating a Federal resume and submission
• Required additional documentation
1. WE ARE LOCATED AT THE ARLINGTON HEIGHTS UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE
723 W. Algonquin Road (turn in on Meijer Dr. from Algonquin; stay left of Weber)
Arlington Heights, IL 6000
(NOT AT THE PALATINE MAIN CAMPUS)
2.***Out of respect to our presenters and other participants please plan to arrive 10 minutes early to allow time for traffic and sign in. We will not be able to accommodate late arrivers.***
3. No food, drink or cell phone use is allowed in the building.
4. If you have questions email email@example.com or call 847-758-2371