Come join HDI Orange County on February 22 for an informative evening of professional networking!
- Free for HDI Members
- $10 for non-members (first meeting is free)
BYOD and the Service Lifecycle
"Bring Your Own Device" has become a reality in more and more workplaces, but how do employee-owned tablets and smartphones fit into ITIL support models? Paul Dooley will explore approaches for finding that sweet spot where these devices and your IT processes can peacefully coexist.
- Where we are today with the trend toward BYOD?
- Why the trend is accelerating
- Key challenges in adopting a BYOD program
- Steps to take in building a solid Service Strategy for BYOD
- Why a sound strategy and policy is so vital
- Key elements to a successful strategy
- Designing Your BYOD 'Service Package' for Success
- Why the 4 Ps matter - people, process, technology and suppliers
- Designing BYOD supporting processes
- Transitioning Your BYOD Design into Operations
- Acquiring and deploying support resources
- Testing and validating
- The role of communication and education
- Key considerations in on-going Service Operations
- Security compliance and access management
- Infrastructure and support considerations
- Continual improvement
About our speaker: Paul M. Dooley
Former HDIOC President and board member Paul M. Dooley is the President and Principal Consultant of Optimal Connections LLC. With over 30 years of experience in the high technology and software development industry, Paul has held numerous positions in customer service, support and marketing. Paul's experience includes years of IT technical support as well as management, working for such companies as Motorola, FileNet, and QAD. He is also experienced in service desk infrastructure development, support center consolidation, deployment of web portals and Knowledge Management Systems, as well as service marketing strategy and activities.
Currently Paul delivers a variety of services to IT organizations, including support analyst and IT management training, ITIL Foundations training, support center assessments, audits, and general consulting.
His degrees include BA and MBA. Paul is certified in most ITIL Intermediate levels and as an ITIL V3 Expert. He is also HDI certified as an instructor and auditor, and by ITpreneurs.
For more information about Paul, and the services provided by Optimal Connections, LLC, please visit http://www.optimalconnections.com
When & Where
HDI Orange County
HDI Orange County is the local chapter of HDI, the world’s largest membership association for the IT service and support industry. Our membership is comprised of help desk staff, consultants, technicians, managers, vendors and others who are active in the help desk, customer support and customer service fields.