This one day class will require pre-class homework to familiarize the user with basic GIS concepts and the layout of ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 GIS software.
Class time will be structured to re-create the workflow of an actual GIS project from beginning to end, with exercises on data collection, editing, analysis, and mapping of Florida Department of Environmental Protection data.
Groups will present their analytical results and graphics as if they were presenting their findings at a Public Hearing.
- GIS project management
- Scale dependencies
- Which data to use, when
- Sharing map packages
- Advanced symbology
- Data driven pages
- Map elements (disclaimers, map ID)
- Relates from MS Excel tables
- Calculating added field values
- Definition queries
- Spatial analysis (joins, buffers, identity, summary statistics, hotspot analysis)
- Additional free training resources
- Presentation tips just for GIS