Course Description and Objectives
This one-day course, designed by Fredrik Ekholdt, a Scala and web application expert, and Peter Hausel, one of the main Play committers, is what you need to quick start web application development with Play 2.0.
It is intended to enable developers who want to consolidate their Scala skills and learn about this great web framework.
After having participated in this course you should
- know how to build fully fledged web applications using Play 2.0
- know best practices for developing web applications using Play 2.0
- be confident to start using Play 2.0 application in production
The presentation will frequently be mixed with hands-on exercises that give you a good opportunity to try what you have learnt and a chance to clarify your understanding. Therefore it is necessary that you bring your notebook with Java 6 installed.
- Play 2.0 philosophy and architecture
- Introduction of the application to be created
- Getting started with Play 2.0
- The controller and routing
- Views and templates
- Working with JSON in Play
- Building non-blocking web applications