FamilySearch is pleased to offer a unique free service at the Arizona Family History Expo held January 20-21, 2012 at the Mesa Convention Center, Mesa, AZ.
We will have a book scanner on site and will scan a digital copy of your family history book free of charge! Sign up below to have your books scanned at the event.
Benefits of scanning your book
- Share it with others easily and inexpensively
- Have a copy of your book preserved by FamilySearch
- Provide access to others who may share your ancestral lines by making the book available free of charge on FamilySearch.org
Requirements and Copyright Information
- Read the guidelines to be sure your book or family history collection qualifies. To ensure that as many people as possible have an opportunity to participate, scanning will be limited to no more than 300 pages per person.
- Because the digital copy of the book will also be made available online, please ensure that the following copyright requirements are met:
- No permission is required if the book is in the public domain (published prior to 1924)
- f you are the creator/copyright owner of the work, print and sign the permission form
- If you are not the creator/copyright owner, have the copyright owner sign the permission form
How it works
- Sign up selecting the number of pages that most closely matches your book (no more than 300 pages per person)
2. If the book is under copyright, print out and sign the permission form, or get the copyright holder to sign the form.
3. Bring your book, and signed permission form to the FamilySearch Scanning booth (booth #307) at the Arizona Family History Expo on the day designated by the ticket. Please drop the item off before the first class session, if possible, to allow maximum time for scanning.
4. Pick up your book and the digital copy on a flash drive provided by FamilySearch at the end of the day.