Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
When: Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013 from 2pm - 4pm
2:00pm - 2:15pm
- Donation Drive to collect diaper wipes and new/unused craft supplies, activity books or small toys
2:15pm - 3:00pm
- Parents: Attend a one-time Volunteer Training Session to become a volunteer for There With Care – there is no time commitment, and opportunities are flexible. Kids of all ages can volunteer too!
- Children: Decorate cards for the families supported by There With Care
3:00pm – 3:15pm
- Brief break for refreshments
3:15pm - 4:00pm
- Work as a family to help us pack snack bags for the families supported by There With Care. Add in the cards your child decorated and we know it will bring a smile to someone’s face!
Where: San Carlos Library, 2nd Floor Community Room
Contact: Georgina Kilfoil, 415-203-0636, email@example.com
Have you wanted to make a difference in your community? San Carlos Week of the Family and There With Care are joining together for an afternoon of volunteer training and community service.
- The afternoon will start with a drive to collect diaper wipes for critically-ill children. Many of these children are young and go through a lot of diapers and wipes.
- We will also be collecting any new/unused craft supplies and small toys or activity books. We will be packaging these up later in the week into Fun Activity Boxes for both the ill children and their siblings to enjoy. So clean out your closets and bring it on down!
- Take advantage of the free childcare and attend a There With Care volunteer training session. Once trained, you and your child can help deliver groceries to families of critically-ill children. While you are listening to the training, your children can work with us to decorate some cards for the families supported by There With Care. Once the training is over we will all work together to pack up reuseable snack bags with goodies and the cards. These can be delivered to the families to provide them with much needed snacks while in the hospital.
For questions on There With Care please go to http://bayarea.therewithcare.org/