San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join the CFHC Learning Exchange for a two day intensive Family Planning Health Worker Training. Back by popular demand with an updated training curriculum and manual, participants will learn the knowledge and skills needed to become a Certified Family Planning Health Worker.
What will you learn?
This course has been designed to help staff in all health care settings develop the skills needed to:
- Provide effective patient-centered contraceptive counseling
- Obtain informed consent from patients when they select a birth control method
- Learn best practices for providing confidential health care services while complying with patient privacy and mandatory reporting laws
- Provide patients with the most up-to-date information on available contraceptive methods, including evidence-based effectiveness rates
- Use effective communication and counseling techniques to provide patient-centered health education to diverse patient populations
Family Planning Health Worker Certification is received upon passage of a written and oral examination completed remotely online within 1 week of the course dates and is valid for two years.
Course dates and times:
Day 1: Thursday, December 12, 2013, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM (PST)
Day 2: Friday, December 13, 2013, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM (PST)
Certification Exam: written test taken online and oral video presentation uploaded online by Dec 21, 2013 (details provided and reviewed during course).
Who should attend?
This course is designed for health care staff in diverse health settings who provide contraceptive counseling to patients.
- Nurses, LVNs, RNs
- Medical Assistants
- Health Educators and Health Education Specialists
- Sexuality or Peer Educators
- Public Service Employees
- Community Health or Outreach Workers
- HIV/AIDS or STD Prevention or Testing Staff
- Family Planning Outreach Workers or Counselors
- Primary Care or Family Practice Health Centers who need a Certified FPHW on staff
There is an additional $20 administration fee per certificate, payable on site.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 17.1 contact hours.
The California Family Health Council, Inc. is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 12 contact hours.
When & Where
California Family Health Council
Shaping the future of sexual + reproductive health for all.