Family Planning Health Worker 3-Day Certification Training (Oakland, July 2013)
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM - Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join the CFHC Learning Exchange for a three day intensive Family Planning Health Worker Training. Back by popular demand with an updated training curriculum and manual, participants will learn the basic knowledge and skills needed to become a Certified Family Planning Health Worker.
What will you learn?
This course has been designed to help health center staff in all health settings:
- Develop the skills needed to provide effective patient-centered contraceptive counseling
- Share up-to-date sexual and reproductive health information with patients
- Learn a range of teaching and communication styles to work with diverse patient populations
Certification and Re-Certification (recommended every 2 years) is received upon passage of a written and oral examination on the final day of class.
Course dates and times:
Day 1: Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM (PST)
Day 2: Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM (PST)
Day 3: Tuesday, Aug 6, 2013, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM (PST)
Who should attend?
This course is designed for health care staff who provide contraceptive counseling to patients. Training participants include:
- Nurses, LVNs, RNs
- Medical Assistants
- Health Educators and Health Education Specialists
- Sexuality or Peer Educators
- Public Service Employees
- Community Health or Outreach Workers
- HIV/AIDS or STD Prevention or Testing Staff
- Family Planning Outreach Workers or Counselors
- Primary Care or Family Practice Health Centers who need a Certified FPHW on staff
There is an additional $20 administration fee per certificate, payable on site.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing. Provider #CEP 12241, for 17.1 contact hours.
The California Family Health Council, Inc. is designated as a provider of Category 1 continuing education contact hours in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. Health educators attending this program may report up to 12 contact hours.
When & Where
California Family Health Council
Shaping the future of sexual + reproductive health for all.