Join Just Care Family Network and our community partners as we celebrate children’s mental health awareness with…
Family Matters: An Educational Forum Focused on Family Driven Care
This forum is designed to promote greater awareness of the issues facing children with mental health challenges among local mental health providers, community agencies, community resources, legislators, educators, and most importantly the youth and family members who are the experts in determining the needs of their family.
When: May 21-22, 2014 9a.m.to 3p.m. daily
Where: UTHSC Student Alumni Center
800 Madison Ave. Memphis, TN 38163
Breakout sessions will include a focus on:
- Mental & Physical Wellness
- Systems of Care in our Schools
- Family Financial Literacy
- Grief and Family Crisis Intervention
- Discussion on Parental Legal Rights
- Building Healthy Relationships
Advance registration required
Questions? Contact Jerica Phillips 901-222-4503 or Jerica.Phillips@shelbycountytn.gov
Just Care Family Network
A department of Shelby County’s Division of Community Services, Just Care Family Network is a federally funded grant program through the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration, administered by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
Our mission: To change the Memphis system of care to make life easier and less frustrating for the families we serve. We partner with youth and families to link them to services.
Through this mission, JCFN seeks to achieve the following goals:
- Decrease the incidence and length of stay of children with emotional, behavioral, or mental health needs in placements outside the home.
- Increase access to a broad array of services incorporated in an individualized service plan for each child/youth.
- Improve the functioning of children with serious emotional disturbances clinically, academically, and behaviorally.
- Decrease parent stress
- Institutionalize an infrastructure of family-driven and culturally competent services.