- Jennifer Mangosong-Shankle, Education Manager, The Alzheimer's Assn (Northern CA and Northern NV Chapter)
- Dr. Jon Rose, Chief, Geropsychology Section & Director, Outpatient Spinal Cord Injury/Disorders Psychology, VA Palo Alto Healthcare System
Come enjoy a lively and interactive presentation on bringing a multi-generational family closer together through understanding and blended caregiving.
- Are you caring for your parents and your children at the same time? Are you looking to find meaning in your relationships between generations, despite disability? Are you looking for ways to balance your caregiving efforts to have a positive effect on your family?
- We will focus on activities to bring the family together and skills to bridge the gap of understanding between your children and your aging parents.
- There will be a strong focus on integrating everyone's needs to build a healthy family.
- Learn about local resources and join the conversation!
When & Where
San Carlos Week of the Family 2016
From January 22nd to January 30, 2016, San Carlos will celebrate its 17th annual Week of the Family. The committee consists of representatives from the City of San Carlos, local schools, churches and community groups. And we're all volunteers. Hundreds of families, will take part in activities to celebrate and strengthen the values of our family-centered community. San Carlos families take many forms, some with children and some without, so everyone in our community is encouraged to participate. The goals of the Week of the Family are to: Strengthen family relationships Provide families in our community the tools that help families Promote family life Honor and pay tribute to families Encourage families serving families Have lots of fun! Sincerely, Susan Rose, San Carlos Week of the Family Committee 2016 "mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org"