Professionalizing Your Family Business: Seeding for Growth and Success
Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2013 | Crowne Plaza, 100 Berlin Rd, Cromwell
Program: 8 to 10 am
As your family business grows, procedures must be formalized to minimize conflict, expedite decision-making and allow input from a wider skill set. We'll review the pros and cons of and strategies for:
- Establishing an objective board of directors
- Creating a family council to tackle employment contracts, biring in family members, and succession planning
- Writing organizational policies and procedures, including a strategic plan
- Using metrics as decision-making tools
- Drafting clear shareholder agreements on ownership policies
Don't miss this opportunity to learn and share your experiences.
Presenter: Susan Lesser, nPlusOne Consulting
CBIA Family Business Program Sponsors: CohnReznick, First Niagara, Reid & Riege PC
Tune to WFSB Channel 3 or WTIC 1080 for cancellations due to inclement weather.