Fall Open House at Dunns Creek State Park
Friday, November 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM - Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join the Friends of Dunns Creek State Park
for a family-friendly weekend of camping, food and fun!
- Camping under the stars in beautiful Dunns Creek State Park!
- Live Entertainment
- Pig Roast by Rolando on Saturday, Campers bring Dessert!
- Equestrian trail rides
- Equestrian Poker Ride
- Guided Mountain Bike Ride - 11 am Saturday
- Guided Nature Hike - 10 AM Saturday
- Kayak/Canoe on Dunns Creek
- Kayak/Canoe Poker Ride - 1 PM Saturday
- Guided Pontoon Boat Rides on Dunns Creek 10-3 Saturday
- Ranger-led Star Gazing (dusk) Saturday
- Sack races, horseshoes and corn hole games for the kids
- $30 Includes: 1 or 2 nights of camping and Saturday Pig Roast for 2
- Pig Roast Saturday - $8 for one or $15 for two (kids 10 and under free)
- Poker Rides (Equestrian and Paddling): $5 per hand
- Trail Rides and Tours: $10 donation (Horses, biking, paddling, hiking)
- The Canteen will sell burgers, dogs, bar-b-q and beverages for donations
- Friends annual memberships and T-shirts are available for sale at the Canteen Tent
- Primitive camping only- no drinking water or electricity provided.
- Water provided for horses only.
- Negative coggins required.
- Children under 16 are required by state law to wear a helmet on bikes or horses.
- Pets are welcome and must be confined to a six foot leash or less at all times.
When & Where
Located south of a sharp bend in the St. Johns River, more than 6,200 acres of natural communities represent Dunns Creek. These natural communities include sandhills, covered with longleaf pines, wiregrass and sand pine scrub. These protect several endangered and threatened species, such as the gopher tortoise and other native animals. A picnic and hiking area is located on U.S. 17, north of Pomona Park. The 1.5-mile hiking and bicycling trail takes visitors to the pristine waters of Blue Pond.