Fall 2013: Turning the Page 2.0 Utah!
This is a personalized advocacy program sponsored by the Utah State Library in collaboration with the Public Library Association. Advocacy topics include Public perceptions; Telling your story; You as a leader; Building relationships; The "Big Ask"; Assembling your Advocacy Work Plan.
- 6 online course modules (do them on your own; get together online to talk about them)
- 6 live online discussion sessions, select Mondays at Noon
- Total time commitment: 18-20 hours over a 3 month period
- Create your own advocacy plan
- Self-paced homework assignments with 1 on 1 feedback
- Everyone can participate including YOU
- Receive a free headset with a microphone upon completion of the pre-test
Live online discussions will be as follows:
Monday Oct 7, 12-1:00 Public perceptions
Monday Oct 21, 12-1:00 Telling your story
Monday Nov 18, 12-1:00 You as a leader
Monday Nov 25, 12-1:00 Building relationships
Monday Dec. 2, 12-1:00 The “Big Ask”
Monday Dec 9, 12-1:00 Assembling your Advocacy Work Plan
Headset w/ microphone: Free, from the Utah State Library, once you have registered and taken the pre-assessment.
Audience: All Utah library Directors, Staff, Trustees, and Friends of the Library
Instructor: Cathy Hakala-Ausperk, Director of the Northeast Ohio Regional Library System and author of the books, "Be a Great Boss: One Year to Success", and "Build a Great Team: One Year to Success"
Jessica Whetman, Utah State Library Training Coordinator
801-715-6762; 800-662-9150 x 56776
Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W Suite A
Salt Lake City UT 84116