Tuesday, December 3, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM (PST)
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
#GivingTuesday and +SocialGood are coming to Los Angeles and a livestream near you!
Do you know how much of American household giving goes to and through organizations with religious ties? A third? Half? More? Less?
Come to Faith+GivingTuesday+SocialGood to find out - and explore what it means.
Keynote speaker just confirmed:
Los Angeles City Controller Ron Galperin
1:00pm interactive program (including the Controller's keynote)
Brought to you by Jumpstart Labs, the philanthropic research & design lab behind Connected to Give, Faith+GivingTuesday+SocialGood will highlight the vital role that faith communities play in advancing the common good through philanthropy.
We'll take the conversation a step beyond:
- ...beyond isolation: for most Americans, while faith can bring people together, faith-based organizations working for the common good tend largely to operate within their own community contexts. Join us to help close the communications gaps not only between religiously-identified organizations and the broader third sector, but also between secular organizations and their religiously committed stakeholders.
- ...beyond congregations: Find out just how much charitable funding for social good flows through organizations with religious ties. We will celebrate and amplify that important work, while highlighting the foundational role that strong, socially engaged congregations play in vibrant communities.
- ...beyond exclusions: too often, faith-based social innovators are kept from the larger conversation about social entrepreneurship—from fellowship competitions to corporate sponsorships to other important avenues of support—because they fear an incompatible agenda. It's time to explore not why and how faith-based innovators should have a seat at the table.
- Los Angeles City Controller Ron Galperin
- Devorah Brous, founder & Executive Director, Netiya
- Shane Goldsmith, President & CEO, Liberty Hill Foundation
- Nancy Harris, Executive Director, Holman Community Development Corporation
- Hyepin Im, President, Korean Churches for Community Development
- Shawn Landres, co-founder & CEO, Jumpstart Labs
- Allison Lee, Executive Director - Los Angeles, American Jewish World Service
- Brie Loskota, Managing Director, USC Center for Religion & Civic Culture
- Tara Roth, CEO, Goldhirsh Foundation and LA2050
- Nadia Roumani, founder & Executive Director, Muslim Giving Project
- Murtaza Sanwari, Board Chair, UMMA Community Clinic
- Varun Soni, Dean of Religious Life, University of Southern California
- Javier Stauring, Director, Healing Justice Coalition
- Paul Vandeventer, President & CEO, Community Partners
- Mark Whitlock, Executive Director, USC Cecil Murray Center for Community Engagement
- ...and more!
- City of Los Angeles Human Relations Commission
- Community Partners
- NewGround: A Muslim-Jewish Partnership for Change
- Nexus Global Youth Summit
- USC Center for Religion & Civic Culture
When & Where
Jumpstart is a philanthropic research & design lab based in Los Angeles. Jumpstart’s unique combination of research, convenings, and funding enables creative changemakers—philanthropists and institutional leaders alike—to realize their own visions and advance the common good. Funders turn to Jumpstart for analysis and forecasting based on original research reports, from The Innovation Ecosystem (2009) to Connected to Give (2013). For funders seeking to achieve collective impact, Jumpstart designs and facilitates highly collaborative summits that connect, inform, and empower leaders with the capacity to create meaningful change in their communities. Through fiscal sponsorship and other funding vehicles, Jumpstart delivers resources to new initiatives that are reshaping community life around the world.