"Facebook Bootcamp" presented by the UT Social Media Collaborative
February 16 from 8 a.m. to noon
Avaya Auditorium, ACE 2.302
Live streaming will be available on the day of the program. Provided by the Faculty Innovation Center at the Cockrell School of Engineering.
Based on your feedback, the Social Media Collaborative at
The University of Texas at Austin is pleased to announce a "Facebook
Bootcamp" to kick off our 2011 social media efforts. This morning-long,
interactive event will feature speakers from across campus, as well as
representatives from Facebook’s Austin office, all providing hands-on demos and
sharing best practice tips and successful case studies. Topics will range from
“How to Set Up and Manage a Facebook Page” to “Facebook API 101.” Plus, you'll
get a sneak peek at the new brand identity for UT's main social media channels.
Be sure to bring your own laptop/mobile/tablet to follow along and walk away with a refreshed look at using Facebook for UT.
Agenda - PDF
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:10 a.m. - Welcome and Introduction
- 8:10 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Collaborative Social Media Problem Solving
- 8:30 a.m. - 8:50 a.m. - Facebook Presentation
- 8:50 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Facebook Q&A
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:20 a.m. - Pages Success Stories and Admin Interface Review
- 9:20 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - Pages and Interface Q&A
- 9:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. - Content Strategy: 15 Insights in 15 minutes
- 9:45 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - Content Strategy: Metrics: Facebook Insights and Advertising
- 10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. - Content Strategy: Using HootSuite to Integrate Facebook and Your Other Social Media Channels
- 10:15 a.m. - 10:25 a.m. - Content Strategy Q&A
- 10:25 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. - Break
- 10:45 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. - What Are UT Students Looking for in UT Facebook Pages? A Panel with UT Students
- 11:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Merging Social Media into Your Design/Branding Strategy
- 11:30 a.m. - 11:40 a.m. - Design/Branding Strategy Q&A
- 11:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - Wrap-up and Next Steps
LET'S GET SOCIAL
Subscribe to the Social Media
Collaborative mailing list! email@example.com Visit https://utlists.utexas.edu/sympa/info/social_media
for more info. Join the social media conversation with your UT
Contribute to the Social Media Collaborative wiki! Visit http://budurl.com/utsmcwiki to access the wiki. We want to build a UT social media knowledge bank and share resources.
UTSMC Facebook page is now live.
Tweeting? Use the hashtag #utsmc.
Please contact Drew Carls at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosted by Drew Carls, School of Law; Lisa Crider, College of Communication; Nyleva Corley, Office of Public Affairs; and Juan Garcia, Cockrell School of Engineering.