“Empowering the 2030 Agenda through Youth-led Social Enterprises and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM): Harnessing the Economic Power of the World’s Youth”
On September 29th
IMPORTANT NOTE: No registration will be possible at the door on the day on September 29th
Organized by CareerNation and PAN Africa Network
Chike Ukaegbu – Educator, Entrepreneur, Investor, Humanitarian and Biomedical Engineer
Kwame Marfo – Tony Elumelu Entrepreneur and Managing Partner HOA Fund
Cherae Robinson – Founder & CEO Taste Makers Africa
Alizé Utteryn – Founder & CEO AlizéLaVie Media
Barbara A. Simmons – Inaugural Dean, International Education, William V.S.
Tubman University - Moderator
Description of the Event program
This theme will deliver and interactive platform between speakers and the audience. Technology and access to resources especially for disadvantaged youth, social change, empowerment, and entrepreneurship through the STEM power.
The goal, objectives, and outcomes of the panel event on: “Empowering the 2030 Agenda through Youth-led Social Enterprises and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM): Harnessing the Economic Power of the World’s Youth”, are as follows:
- To create a process that will lead to more African Youth-led Social Enterprises through STEM to the economic development of the African continent;
- To host a forum to establish and deliver an interactive platform between speakers and the audience. Technology and access to resources especially for disadvantaged youth, social change, empowerment, and entrepreneurship through the STEM power;
- To identify particular problems and solutions to the challenges faced by African Youth-led Social Enterprises;
- To seek funding support for such a support network platform;
- To collaborate with academia, universities, organizations around African Youth initiatives, thought leaders, change agents and policy-makers who wish to be connected with youth-led initiatives, enterprises, innovators;
- To create innovative partnerships with institutions across the world to encourage this agenda;
- To encourage and establish mentoring and coaching of African Youth-led Social Enterprises through STEM
- To establish a working group on African Youth-led Social Enterprises and its Diaspora in STEM that will create a strategic master plan for increasing the numbers African and Diasporan Youth-led Social Enterprises. This Group will meet at two times annually with research conducted between conferences. The first leg of this initiative will be on October 6th-7th, as a part of the “Capacity building/trade conference” at the Silver Spring Convention Center outside D.C.
- To report on the status of results of efforts between meetings and status of progress in achieving the goals of Agenda 2030 at its conferences.
Youth-Led participation from an academic perspective (Yale, Princeton, Columbia, NYU universities), plus organizations around African Youth initiatives. The Audience will include Thought Leaders, Change Agents, and Policy-Makers who wish to be connected with youth-led initiatives, enterprises.
06:00PM - 06:30PM Doors open, registration of participants, light refreshments and networking session
06:55PM - 07:00PM Welcoming message from CareerNation and PAN Africa Network
07:00PM - 07:15PM Introduction/Keynote
07:15PM – 07:50PM Panel discussion
07:50PM - 08:00PM Q&A
08:00PM - 08:05PM Closing remarks
08:05PM - 08:30PM Networking session
08:30PM Door closing
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
You do not need your ID with you, but all attendees must be 18 years old to purchase tickets.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, please contact the Program Manager if you need to change your registration information.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, the confirmation receipt is acceptable from your phone or tablet.
What is the refund policy?
There are no refunds at this time.
Save This Event
When & Where
PAN Africa Network
PAN Africa Network is an Expert Network, committed to serve its members by:
- Facilitating professional development through the provision of exciting and dynamic investment opportunities in the African emerging market.
- Gaining exclusive access to business venture raising capital, matching specific investment criteria to members who fit the requirements, and matching the opportunities with member investors.
We organize quarterly Panel Events Series and we are an African Expert Network with mentorship matchmaking programs for Investors, African project developers and Experts.