San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
NETWORK • LEARN • GET SUPPORT • TAKE ACTION
Are you a nonprofit executive director looking for affordable help and support to meet your personal and professional leadership challenges?
This peer learning network (only for nonprofit executives) can help!
Here's what some recent participant had to say:
"This experience allowed me to put together the professional and the personal—somehow made it 'human.' I am able to be more flexible with myself. It was very helpful to be with others who are going through (or have gone through) the same thing. I am not the only one."
"I like that the group has a mixture of fields of service. It has added a richness. It breaks down barriers of competition."
Each month, between February and December (excluding July), you'll join your peers for two-hour session co-facilitated by Mary Hiland and Bob Kardon.
You choose to attend either a morning (9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.) or lunchtime (12 noon to 2:00 p.m.) session.
- An opportunity to build supportive relationships with your peers.
- Real-life tips for tackling your work-day challenges.
- Help in being an effective leader.
- Support for making positive change within your organizations.
- Your own private one-hour individualized coaching or consulting with either Bob or Mary.
OUR EXPECTATIONS OF YOU:
- You must make a year-long commitment to schedule for and attend each session and fully participate in each (any unavoidable scheduling conflicts will be addressed in the first session).
- Your agreement to honor absolute confidentiality regarding any and all information shared in the sessions.
Mary Hiland, Ph.D., has over thirty five years experience in the nonprofit sector—both as a board member and executive director. She is an organizational consultant whose services focus on strengthening nonprofit executive and board teams as powerful forces for community impact. She is also an executive coach for new and experienced executives and board leaders.
Bob Kardon was both the co-founder and executive director of the Santa Cruz Community Counseling Center and the California Association of Nonprofits. As principal of Kardon and Associates, he provides organizational development consultation to nonprofits, government agencies and universities.
When: First Friday of each month, February through December 2014 (excluding July)
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. OR 12 noon to 2:00 p.m. (sign up for only one the time slots)
Note: You can register to attend either the morning or lunchtime session. When you register for either one of time slots you'll meet at that same time for the rest of the year.
You cannot mix or match between time slots during the year.
Please call 831.662.2030 with any questions.
Community Foundation Santa Cruz County
Whether you're a donor, professional advisor or nonprofit, you'll find workshops, free consultation, a resource library and networking opportunities here at your local community foundation.