Excel 2007 Level 5 Training
Friday, February 28, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
1 Developing Macros
- Create a Macro with the Macro Recorder
- Edit a Macro
- Debug a Macro
- Customize the Quick Access Toolbar and Hotkeys
- Work with Macro Security
2 Formatting Worksheets Using Macros
- Insert Text
- Format Text
- Sort Data
- Duplicate Data
- Generate a Report
3 Creating an Interactive Worksheet
- Determine the Dialog Box Type
- Capture User Input
4 Working with Multiple Worksheets
- Insert, Copy, and Delete Worksheets
- Rename Worksheets
- Modify the Order of Worksheets
- Print Worksheets
5 Performing Calculations
- Create User-Defined Functions
- Automate SUM Functions
When & Where
Training is for Methode Employees Only
Similar to training offered in the Spring of 2013, we will be offering additional training sessions in Microsoft Office Products. In addition to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, we will this time include Outlook and Project. Excel will be expanded to levels 4 and 5; level 5 Excel will be dedicated to macros and VBA.
Things to note
- We have divided the training into three sections (December, January and February). Not all class levels are available in each section; the sections progressively offer more advanced courses.
- All classes are one day (8 hours), except Access which is a full 2 days (16 hours).
- New Horizons trainers will be instructing all classes. Tom has moved out of the Chicago area and is no longer available as a trainer. We have interviewed other trainers and have select Eugene as the trainer for these training sessions.
- Some classes will be offered at Methode’s Corporate Training Room in Harwood Heights. Other classes will be offered at New Horizons in Rosemont (they have a new address).
- Training materials will be distributed at the beginning of each class.
- Laptops will be provided for each trainee.
- There is a strict limit of 15 people per class. Please register as soon as possible. If a class is full, you will have the option of wait listing that particular date and time.
- Morning start time – 9am
- Morning end time – 12:30pm
- Afternoon start time – 1:30pm
- Afternoon end time – 5pm
- Breaks – both the morning and afternoon sessions contain a 15 minute break
- What to bring to class – nothing is needed; all materials will be provided
- Computers – laptops with external mice
- Lunch - food will be provided