Evolving your Information Architecture - Full Day Class
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
Evolving your Information Architecture - Full Day Class by Dr. Peter Aiken
Wednesday April 24 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Cost: DAMA member price: $40
Non member price: $90 (Includes 2013 membership)
Student (ID required) $25
Instructor: Dr. Peter Aiken is widely acclaimed as one of the top ten data management authorities in the world. In addition to examining the data management practices of more than 500 organizations, he has spent multi-year immersions with organizations as diverse as the US Dept of Defense, Deuthsche Bank, Nokia, Wells Fargo, the Commonwealth of Virginia and numerous other high profile clients. Dr. Aiken is currently the President of Data Management Association International. He has been an associate professor at Virginia Commonwealth University’s School of Business Information Systems Department since 1993 and owns Data Blueprint, an award winning data management consulting firm.
Evolving your Information Architecture – What? Why? How?
An Introduction to Its Use and Component Reengineering
1. Drawing It All Together - A Context Diagram for Data Governance
- Corporate Governance
- IT Governance
- Data Governance
- Data Governance vs. Data Management
- An Example of Data Governance Applied to a SOA Initiative
2. Using of Data Assets to Support Organizational Strategic Objectives (Proven Examples)
- Information Economy Considerations
- Strategic Uses of Information Architectures: Industry Examples
- Strategic Uses of Information Architectures: System Architectures
- Strategic Uses of Information Architectures: System Simplification
- Strategic Uses of Information Architectures: Data Discovery
- Weekly Progress Patterns
3. Information Architecture Concepts/Architect Responsibilities/Interaction with Other Organizational Architectural Practices
- Modeling Skills
- Models in System Development
- Architectural Concept: Abstraction
- Architectural Concept: Decomposition
- Architectural Concept: Structure
- Architectural Development Questions
- Architectural Methods/Principles
- Architectural Interaction with Other Disciplines
4. Improving Your Organization's Data Management Practice Maturity
Meals: Price will include light breakfast pastries, juices and coffee as well as one boxed lunch from Padows (orders will be placed the morning of the event).
Location: WellPoint Blue Cross Blue Shield - Davis Center
Virginia Conference Room
2015 Staples Mill Road
Richmond, VA 23230
Parking: Available on the WellPoint parking lot. Please refrain from using the visitor parking area.
Admission: Attendees should bring their event tickets obtained via eventbrite (see link above) or a guest pass. We will accept payment at the door if necessary via cash, check or credit card.
When & Where
DAMA Central Virginia
Dedicated to advancing the concepts and practices of information and data management.