Event PR: How to Attract Media at TechCrunch Disrupt (or Other Conferences)
Tuesday, July 8, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Would you like your company to attract massive media exposure at conferences like TechCrunch Disrupt, CES, or SXSW?
Want to be on every reporter's short list of conference interviews even if you don't have the biggest booth (or even any booth at all)?
Would you love to get massive media buzz at large industry-specific events to attract new customers, investors, and biz dev partners?
Or how about supersizing your ROI from pricey conference tickets and sponsorship?
In this high impact presentation and 'fireside chat,' the PR Hacker team -- with help from some special guest thought leaders -- will reveal how to do all of this and more.
First, PR Hacker CEO Ben Kaplan (@benjaminkaplan) will present the 10 Laws of Event PR -- revealing how to make your company and product instantly more newsworthy at large-scale conferences and industry venues.
Second, Kaplan will moderate a special discussion with TechCrunch Battlefield Editor Sam O'Keefe (@samok) and Eventbrite content strategist Melissa Joy Kong (@melissajoykong) on crucial strategies for standing out from other companies at any big event or conference.
Whether you are a consumer-focused startup that wants massive inbound traffic or a B2B company that needs to establish top-tier thought leadership, learn how to maximize the return on investment from your upcoming conference participation.
- 6:00 - 7:00 pm: Networking with other startup founders and tech CEOs
- 7:00 - 7:30 pm: '10 Laws of Event PR' presented by PR Hacker CEO Ben Kaplan
- 7:30 - 8:15 pm: Chat with TechCrunch's Sam O'Keefe and Eventbrite's Melissa Joy Kong
- 8:15 - 8:45 pm: 'Lightning Pitch' event PR brainstorming session
- 8:45 - 10:00 pm: More networking + PR Hacker Team available for individual questions
IMPORTANT: Because seating is limited in the theater and is expected to sell out, get your free ticket now to reserve your seat.
- Boostrapped startup founders who need to show "traction"
- Funded companies who need more customers and sales
- PR and marketing managers who want more ROI from their PR firm
- Anyone who wants to "hack" the PR system for their company or cause
- How to make your company more "newsworthy" at events or conferences
- How to stand out from other companies at major, high-profile events
- How to do an 'elevator pitch' to a reporter
(Hint: It's different than an investor pitch.)
- How to get the master press contact list at any large event
- How to leverage the conference's own event PR to secure interviews
- How to get local media coverage in the city where the event is being held
- How to create conference trend stories that journalists can't resist
- How to invite press to attend your presentation, party, or other social event
- How to piggyback on big brand announcements to get media coverage
- How to transform a competitor's PR outreach into your own event PR
- How to professionally demo your product even when you don't have a booth
- How to be a thought leader in any field by leveraging event media
- How to organize and manage a targeted e-mail blast to conference media
- How to plan your pre-event, event, and post-event media outreach
- How to convert media exposure into website traffic, new users, and sales
- How to coordinate your annual conference schedule with your PR firm
Please come prepared to briefly explain your product, company, or cause (in just a few sentences). Near the end of the presentation, we'll invite audience members on stage to participate in a special Lightning Pitch round. In 3 minutes or less, Ben, Sam, Melissa, and other audience members will help you brainstorm an awesome "media hook" for generating massive PR coverage at your next event or conference.
Learn more at www.prhacker.com
When & Where
Ben Kaplan (@benjaminkaplan) is the founder and CEO of PR Hacker (www.prhacker.com), the fastest growing PR company in the world. He is a rare "quadruple threat" PR and media expert: Over the course of his 15-year career in the media, Kaplan has been featured on 2,000 TV and radio shows (such as Oprah and Good Morning America), served as a media spokesperson for major brands (such as Dr. Pepper and Discover Card), founded a boutique PR firm (with clients like Citibank and Sallie Mae), and worked as a syndicated columnist and commentator (including columns for The New York Times and TIME). He is also an accomplished coder, startup founder, and Harvard-trained economist.