San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe age-related changes in human organ systems and the impact these changes have in geriatric functional ability.
- Identify opportunities for skilled therapy service intervention to address functional decline in the medically complex patient.
- Describe how medical conditions, common in the geriatric adult, significantly compromise functional recovery.
- Discuss interdisciplinary therapy evaluation and treatment strategies that address multi-system issues in the medically complex patient.
- Identify treatment barriers and possible strategies in treating the medically complex patient.
Course Participation: recommended for PT. OT, PTA, OTA and SLP
Level of Experience Recommended: Intermediate
“There are no financial or nonfinancial relationships related to this course.”