Etsy Craft Party: ArtiVets in McHenry, IL
Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We will be looking to create art, jewelry, projects in support of Military/Veterans and their Families. You can join as a "virtual" show or come to the local show which will be at TLS Veterans in the Veteran Resource Center at 5330 W. Elm Street, McHenry, IL.
WHENE: JUNE 20, 2013 (Thursday)
TIME: 11:30am - 6:00pm
FREE EVENT for all registered - others $2 donation to VRC.
This event is organized to show support for our Veterans especially our disabled Veterans - where the focus is on individual ability not disability. It is meant to create projects that will connect to other Vets, their families and to the local community through Art.
Some things happening are:
- Artists and Crafters will demo their work and even let you try some crafts to take home with you.
- We will hand create our own ArtBlox & PhotoBlox to update the magnetic wall of honor at the Veteran Resource Center.
- We will have a temporary tattoo & airbrush artist (possibly)
- Kid crafts (Nature, upcycle, patriotic and other)
- We will use photos, wood, parachord, paint, upcycled objects, metal stamping, and so much more.
- TLS Veterans will host a screening of The Invisible War - if all permits
Any crafts/art is welcome - this does not need to be patriotic/military/veteran specific.
It is to create art/crafts that heal the soul and beautify the Center and it's clients.
Local businesses/artists are welcome to inquire about donating supplies or their time. Any project/items are welcome.
VENDORS/CRAFTERS/ARTISTS tables are $15 (ok to pay at door)
but you have to register online. (NOW OUTSIDE SPACES AVAILABLE ONLY)
Tables are FREE with DEMO / CRAFT
(must have enough crafts for 25 people)
items may be sold at the event.
Anna of ARTiBILITY
where the focus is on individual ability not disability
- - -
USMC disabled Veteran
From Etsy HQ:
You’re invited to Etsy Craft Party 2013:Craft for Community,
our global celebration of meeting and making. This year’s theme focuses
on using your creative powers to make your hometown even better.
For more information on Etsy’s Craft Party, check out this article:https://www.etsy.com/craft-party
And peek at frequently asked questions here: