San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The new ArcGIS for Developers site will launch soon! This is your chance to be the first to use it to build the best app for the Esri DevSummit Hackathon.
Teams will set out to build innovative location-based projects using the brand new ArcGIS for Developers site, Esri technology and County of Riverside data.
Time and Place
Kicking off our Annual DevSummit festivities, hackathon teams will meet on-site at the Renaissance Palm Springs, San Jacinto Room from 1pm to 11:00pm March 24 (Sunday) and starting at 9:00am, March 25th.
For a team to win, submissions must use the following technologies:
- Esri Web and/or Mobile API Technology
- ArcGIS Online Basemaps and/or GeoServices
- County of Riverside data
* Note: Third-party technologies may also be used in conjunction with technologies from the aforementioned list.
Judges will evaluate apps for the following elements:
- Innovation and Creative use of Esri Technology
- User Experience/User Interface
- Potential for Real-World Application
- 1st – Esri International Dev Summit Passes for 2013 or 2104 (team member choice) for each team member (5 max). Winning Team gets a 3-minute slot at the Dev Summit Closing to present their entry to the crowd.
- 2nd – AR Drones 2.0 Quadrocopter for each team member (5 max)
- 3rd – RC Copters for each team member (5 max).
Sunday, March 24, 2013
• 1:00pm Hackathon kickoff. Introduction to developers.arcgis.com and County of Riverside data. Schedule overview, rules, prizes, code samples and demos, and orientation.
• 2:00pm Hacking begins
• 6:30pm Dinner arrives
• 8:30pm Team check-in, project descriptions and presentation
• 11:00 End of hackathon first day
Monday, March 25, 2013
• 9:00am Doors open to the hackathon room
• 9:30am Final check-in for projects and developers. Presentation schedule finalized
• 10:30am Presentations begin
• 11:30am Judging begins
• 11:50am Winners announced, addresses gathered to ship prizes to eligible team members
Food and Drinks
We will provide dinner and snacks throughout the day to all teams who compete on-site.
* After registering here, sign up at HackerLeague so you can create your team and submit your project.
* Registering for this hackathon will give you a hackathon badge. You do not need to be registered for DevSummit to participate in the hackathon. The hackathon badge will allows you to enter the hackathon and does not consistute access to the DevSummit. To attend the DevSummit you will need a DevSummit ticket. If you or your team is not registered for the DevSummit, wins an award and is eligible to go on stage, we will make the arrangements to have you on stage Thursday and get you the credentials to get into the DevSummit.