The Sausalito Portuguese Hall’s 124th annual Holy Ghost Festa is on the Pentecost Sunday, May 27th, and will include the procession, mass, crowning of the queens, auction, sopas, and entertainment.
Important Parking Notice for 2012 | This year’s Espírito Festa is being carefully coordinated due to the Caledonia Street Fair and the Golden Gate Bridge 75th birthday occurring on the same date, May 27th (Highway 101 south and the Golden Gate Bridge will be closed for fireworks that evening).
The biggest concern in coordinating the IDESST festa and other events is traffic flow and parking. Dunphy Park over-flow parking will not be available. IDESST members and guests will be directed to the Liberty Ship parking lot, several blocks away from the Hall.
There will be continuous shuttle service pick-up outside of the Hall throughout the day to return guests to their cars at the Liberty Ship parking lot. There will also be a continuous drop-off and pick-up directly in front of the Hall.
Please note the following:
1. Caledonia Street will be blocked from Bee Street south all day.
2. Starting at 8:00am Caledonia Street will become one way southbound.
3. Dunphy Park over-flow parking will not be available to IDESST members and guests. (Members
and guests will be directed to the Liberty Ship parking lot, several blocks away from the Hall).
4. We will start assembling the festa parade on Caledonia Street in front of the Hall at 9:30am, as usual.
5. The parade participants, member and guests will park at the Liberty Ship parking lot, which is near the
Bay Model Visitors Center (2100 Bridgeway, Sausalito), several blocks away from the IDESST Hall.
6. There will be an all day dropoff and pick-up location in front of the Hall for parade participants,
members and guests.
7. The City of Sausalito will provide a continuous shuttle service between Liberty Ship Parking lot and the Hall and back.
8. The outgoing parade route will be changed slightly: it will turn right on Bee Street, and then left on Bonita Street, and then left on Johnson Street, following our usual route from there.
9. Father Parenti of Star of the Sea church will hold a special Espírito Santo Mass at 11:00am, as last year.
10. The returning parade route will change slightly after the anthems at Viña del Mar park: from Bridgeway, turn left on Johnson Street, then continue past Caledonia Street to take a right on Bonita Street and a right on Bee Street and a left on Caledonia Street, to end up in front of the IDESST Hall for the Dove Ceremony.
Shuttle stop at the Liberty Ship parking lot, near the Bay Ceremony.
9:45am - Parade Assembly in front of the Hall
10:10am - Parade Departs 11:00am Mass at Star of the Sea Church (first sopas seating)
12:15pm - Depart Star of the Sea Church for Viña del Mar Park
12:30pm - Viña del Mar Park Flag Salute and Anthem – Meet Mayor and Council of Sausalito and Mayor Aya, Sister City Sakaide, Japan
1:15pm - Dove Ceremony at IDESST Hall
1:30pm Main sopas seating served
2:30pm Lusitania Band of the North Bay concert
3:00pm “Just Voices” a capella performance
We are pleased to announce the selection of this year’s queens for the 124th Festa do Espírito Santo: Little Queen, Savannah Amaral (age 7); Big Queen, Caroline Morey (age 14); Queen Isabel, Catherine Morey (age 16).
Please join us in congratulating our 2012-2013 queens and thanking our 2011-2012 queens, Little Queen Camilla Taylor and Queen Isabel , Karen Taylor.