Ericsson and AT&T MWC Communications Hackathon - Barcelona
Sunday, February 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM (CET)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Build a Mobile App, Support Sustainable Cities, Go to Brazil!!
We are specially reaching out to you. Ericsson and AT&T are hosting an exclusive hackathon event at Mobile World Congress (MWC) for 30 rock star developers to develop mobile applications targeting the sustainable connected city of the future. Seats are limited so please register early. Lucky participants will be notified as soon as possible.
This is a winner-take-all competition. First prize is an all-expenses paid trip to the NEW CITIES SUMMIT, to be held in Brazil, plus €3.500. This Mobile App Hackathon is produced by Ericsson and the AT&T Developer Program.
As an additional bonus, those lucky 30 developers selected to participate will receive free MWC passes.
Event Schedule. The following is a list of the weekends agenda:
- Day 1 - At a swank restaurant somewhere in Barcelona
- 6PM - Kickoff event with drinks, networking, and developer dating which leads into idea pitches and team formation.
- 7PM - Speakers present The hackathon
- 8PM - Pitch ideas and form teams
- 9PM - Idea, tech stack and deployment review
- 10PM - take two of idea, tech stack and deployment review
- Day 2 - Come hack in the Ericsson Booth at Hall 2, 2D140
- 10 AM - The fun continues with an all day hackathon. Work with the teams that you formed on Sunday night to produce the app spec’d out the night before.
- 8 PM - Coding ends for the day
- Day 3 - Come hack in the Ericsson Booth at Hall 2, 2D140
- 10AM - The fun continues on the final day. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 3PM.
- 3PM - Promptly at 3PM, teams will begin pitching their ventures. Pitches are limited to three (3) minutes per team.
- 6PM - Winners are announced by Ericsson's CEO Hans Vestberg
- 1st prize: Winning team gets a trip paid to NEW CITIES SUMMIT, Sao Paolo Brazil at the beginning of June + €3,500.
- 2nd prize: 20 minutes pitch with a VC, gives you a chance to take your idea further on + €1,500
- 3rd prize: Sony smartphone + €800
Judging Criteria. Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 33% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight - Originality of idea
- 33% Weight - Live demonstrable website and mobile app
- Entrance to MWC and access to Ericsson hall (valid whole event)
- Technical presentations and code samples that help to bootstrap your hacking
- A place to sit, power and Internet connection
- Food, drinks and caffine to keep you going.
- Technical support to assist your development
- Your laptop, skills & ideas.
- Come with a collaborative, team focused mindset, teams will be created at the kick off dinner on Sunday