EQ vs. IQ: Does Your Child Have What It Takes to Succeed?
D103 PTO Parent Education Committee along with Lincolnshire Community Nursery School and Tamarak Country School
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ed Dunkelblau, director of the Institute for Emotionally Intelligent Learning and nationally known speaker on social-emotional learning (SEL), will talk with parents about what is SEL, why it is so important for success in school and in life, and how to support SEL at home.
Dr. Dunkelblau is a licensed clinical psychologist in practice for 25 years and has been an organizational consultant to dozens of schools, districts, state boards of education, and corporations. His work has been featured in the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, Reader’s Digest, and Ladies Home Journal, and on NPR and CNN.
This program will address:
- Improving your child’s school performance
- Reducing conflicts at home
- Talking so your children will think
- Teaching your children to make healthy choices
Here is what parents, principals, and staff have said about Ed:
- Very informative, funny, knowledgeable
- I always learn something new, laugh heartily and walk away feeling inspired and encouraged.
- One of the best. Highly recommended.
Registering for this event is highly recommended
Any questions, please contact Michelle at email@example.com or Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org
*This is an ADULT ONLY event**