Environmental Priorities Coalition presents
Environmental Lobby Day 2012
Wednesday, January 25
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
United Churches of Olympia, Olympia, WA
This year, join 25 of the state’s leading conservation groups and hundreds of citizen advocates to push for the passage of the Environmental Priorities Coalition’s 2012 legislative package. We need you to be in Olympia to use your power of persuasion as you meet face-to-face with all three of your state legislators.
- Pollution-Free Prosperity: Preventing attempts to weaken, delay or roll back state environmental laws and programs that are critical for clean air, clean water, and healthy communities.
- Toxic-Free Kids: Protecting children’s health from cancer-causing flame retardants and helping to put businesses on the path to using chemicals that won’t harm the environment or the bottom line.
- Fulfill Our Clean Energy Initiative: Sustaining the success of I-937, our state’s voter-approved clean energy initiative, in bringing investments, jobs, and economic development throughout Washington.
We are aiming to bring a crowd of 400 citizens to spend the day advocating for our three environmental priorities from our state legislators in the face of unprecedented budget deficits. We’ll be celebrating 20 years of Environmental Lobby Day this year, so we have some major victories to remember and challenges to look forward to in the future.
At Lobby Day you will:
- Celebrate the unveiling of the Puget Loop Birding Trail with Washington Audubon,
- Receive detailed briefings on each priority,
- Receive training on how to lobby from top environmental lobbyists,
- Attend constituent meetings with all three of your legislators, and
- Get fueled up with complimentary breakfast snacks and all the coffee you can drink!
IMPORTANT DETAILS FOR YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL LOBBY DAY 2012
- Lobby Day Registration includes breakfast, coffee, tea, fruit, and materials.
- Pre-Registration on or before January 22, 2012: $15.00*
- Day of Event: $20.00
- Student Rate: $10.00 (student I.D. required)
- Portable Box Lunch: $7.50 (includes turkey or veggie sandwich, potato salad, chocolate chip cookie, chips, fruit, drink.)
- NOTE: ALL TICKET PURCHASES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE.
*Registrations after January 22 will be considered “Day of Event." If you have not registered by January 22nd, we still welcome you to attend the event. The fee of $20 will be collected when you arrive in Olympia. A box lunch will not be an option after January 22 purchases. Make sure you go to the “Day of Event” registration line when you get to the church.
REMINDER: ALL TICKET PURCHASES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE. THANK YOU FOR HELPING US KEEP OUR ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS UNDER CONTROL AND DIRECTED TO THE EVENT.
All stops: $25.00. Two buses will serve Bellingham (5:45AM), Mount Vernon (6:30AM), Everett (7:10AM), Bellevue/Kirkland (7:15AM) and Seattle (7:45AM). Times in parentheses are departure times.
All bus fees must be pre-paid by January 22 to guarantee your seat. No exceptions.
Thanks to a bequest from Pat Scanlon, long time People For Puget Sound volunteer and Lobby Day Committee member, we have the opportunity to offer assistance to those in need. The assistance helps offset the costs Environmental Lobby Day participation and is available to those who need it the most. To be eligible, you must:
- Be unemployed or be on a fixed income, and
- Must commit to 2 hours of volunteering with People For Puget Sound during the 2012 legislative session (January 9th- March 15th).
If interested in applying for financial assistance:
- STOP! Do not proceed to register. Do not proceed to payment form.
- INSTEAD, send a short letter stating your current situation to Rein Attemann, email@example.com. Please include your name, address, phone number, email and legislative district. Deadline for submitting letters of interest for the Assistance Program is January 15, 2012. Acceptance notices will be issued on January 17, 2012.
When & Where
People For Puget Sound
People For Puget Sound is a citizens group working to restore and protect the health of Puget Sound and the Northwest Straits through education and action. We are a 501(c)(3) organization registered with the State of Washington, Federal EIN 91-1518715.