San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Week 3 of Thinktomi's Entrepreneur's Playbook will focus on market and opportunity considerations in setting up a startup.
Key topics will include:
- Understand your market (i.e. Total Addressable Market (TAM), Served Addressable Market (SAM)), market dynamics (e.g. Share of Market (SAM)) and market research techniques.
- Business-to-business and business-to-consumer transactions.
- Discussion of auction and reverse auction.
- Exploration of market segmentation (e.g. how to target specific niches).
- The importance of market intelligence and continually managing and tracking (e.g. identifying key metrics).
- The importance of market timing and emerging trends (e.g. first and second mover strategies).
- Understanding competition: who is your competition, types of competition, how strategy and positioning affect your operations, culture, behavior, & methods of depicting competition.
- The importance of product and market focus (e.g. domination of a niche).
When & Where
Thinktomi provides concise, high impact, real life, and skills-based education leveraging its dynamic content management platform (DCMP) to help individuals launch a startup idea or scale a business. Thinktomi focuses on experiential learning delivering content via live, facilitated classes with thought leaders and practitioners who have built successful businesses, law practices, investment funds, and social enterprises in Silicon Valley and beyond. The company is guided by its mission to increase accessibility to high-impact entrepreneurship and business education to people of all ages and backgrounds, while growing a network of Thinktomi thinkers and doers across globe. For more information, visit www.thinktomi.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.