Engineering the Yammer Way: Under-the-Hood with CTO Adam Pisoni
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
As companies scale the size of their engineering teams, the common belief is that products begin to ship slower and innovation grinds to a halt. Not at Yammer.
Come hear Yammer CTO & Co-Founder Adam Pisoni and Director of Engineering Jay Laney share how they redefined traditional engineering processes to scale from 3 to 100s of engineers. This includes new techniques and approaches to deliver more features faster, including:
- The 2 and 10 Rule: Form teams of between 2 and 10 people to work on projects between 2 and 10 weeks.
- The Big Board: How to turn a very big whiteboard into mission control for all your dev teams
- No more top-down engineering: Each team has a leader and makes decisions autonomously
- No Code Ownership: Specialize teams based on skill, not who wrote the code
- Everyone does QA: Rotate every team through a QA function
Yammer was ultimately acquired in 2012 by Microsoft for $1.2 billion. They are now helping transform how Microsoft builds and delivers products.
This event is hosted by SocialPandas, an alumni company of Founders Den.
SocialPandas is a social selling platform that helps B2B sales teams use popular social networks to connect with prospects, shorten sales cycles, boost deal sizes, and grow loyal customer relationships. The company is backed by top investors including True Ventures and the Alchemist Accelerator (YC for enterprise).