Engineer for an Hour May 2014- Southern Pacific #2472
Monday, May 26, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
Fremont, United States
Engineer for an Hour - Southern Pacific #2472
May 26, 2014
We are Sold out for this Event.
Perhaps you remember seeing them as a child or perhaps you grew up with model trains.....
Either way, you always dreamed of what it would be like to "whistle off", release the brakes, and ease out the throttle to set a mechanical miracle in motion.
The Golden Gate Railroad Museum in conjunction with the Pacific Locomotive Association, operators of the Niles Canyon Railway are excited to announce the opportunity of a lifetime. Take a step back in time and fulfill your childhood fantasy of running a steam locomotive with the "Engineer for and Hour" program.
This program will be held on Monday May 26th, 2014 on the Niles Canyon Railway in Beautiful Niles, California.
Your Time as an Engineer will include....
- Plenty of opportunities to blow the Nathan Six-Chime whistle (yes it is loud).
- Instruction by the Golden Gate Railroad Museum CMO (Chief Mechanical Officer) on safe and proper handling of a steam locomotive. As well as a Q&A period.
- Under the supervision certified personel, run from end of Niles yard limits to two miles up and back the tracks at 10 miles per hour. (Feel free to pretend that you are working the express train out of San Francisco, or pulling the Overland Limited to Ogden, UT)
- Membership in the Golden Gate Railroad Museum.
- Certificate and special "participant only" recognition item.
- Did we mention you can blow the whistle? Yes, it is that awesome.
Boring Legal Stuff:
- You need to be 18 years or older.
- Posess a valid drivers license.
- Sign a liability release.
When & Where
Golden Gate Railroad Museum
This museum event is presented to supoort the projects of the Golden Gate Railroad Museum.
We are sincerely grateful for all of our supporters who help our non-profit, tax-exempt, living history museum continue to operate and grow.
The Golden Gate Railroad Museum (GGRM), is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation of steam and passenger railroad equipment, and the interpretation of railroad history in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Check us out on the web at www.ggrm.org