Energy Frontiers is the University of Colorado's premier energy conference, connecting students with the ever-changing energy industry. The fourth annual Energy Frontiers features a showcase of student energy research, two keynote addresses, two panel discussions with leading energy experts, as well as a career fair with dozens of energy companies from the area. All are welcome to attend.
Event Schedule (all events held in UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom)
- Poster Session: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Lunch: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Keynote address by David Gardiner: 12:30 - 1:00 pm
- Keynote address by Michael Potts: 1:00 - 1:30 pm
- Panel discussion on "Competition and Cooperation Between the U.S. and China in Energy Policy": 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- Panel discussion on "The Future of Energy Storage and Implications for the Electric Grid": 2:30 - 3:30 pm
- Career Fair: 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Come see the best energy research being done here at CU, including both ground-breaking scientific discoveries as well as business plan competitions. Judges from NREL and CU will be on site to pick the winners in each category, but it is up to you to choose the $500 grand prize! Click here for a list of poster submissions.
We will have a catered lunch. This is a chance to vote on the poster grand prize, talk with poster presenters, and mingle with other attendees.
- David Gardiner, Environmental Consultant and formerly the Executive Director of the White House Climate Change Task Force during the Clinton Administration
- Michael Potts, CEO and President of Rocky Mountain Institute
"Competition and Cooperation Between the U.S. and China in Energy Policy"
- Mark Safty, Holland & Hart LLP | Partner [Moderator]
- Clay Stranger, Rocky Mountain Institute | Manager
- Andy Paliszewski, Siemens | Director of Wind R&D
- Ted James, NREL | Strategic Energy Analyst
- Adam Reed, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute | Research Faculty
"The Future of Energy Storage and Implications for the Electric Grid"
- Paul Komor, University of Colorado | Professor [Moderator]
- Paul Denholm, NREL | Strategic Energy Analyst
- Peter Lilienthal, HOMER Energy | CEO
- Cody Hill, Xtreme Power | Power Systems and Control Engineer
- Sam Jaffe, Navigant | Energy Analyst
(Click here for the panelist bios.)
This part of the day is always a big hit, with 20-30 energy companies (many of which are hiring) for you to mingle with. Don't miss this amazing opportunity to network with dozens of contacts from the energy industry, and get the inside word on available positions. Click here for a list of the companies that will be in attendance.
Energy Frontiers is geared towards students, but all are welcome to attend. We encourage attendees to stay for all events, but you are welcome to come and go throughout the day as your schedule permits. For full details visit energyfrontiers.cuenergy.org
When & Where
CU Energy Club
The CU Energy Club connects today's students at the University of Colorado to the energy industry of tomorrow.