Success in management depends on meeting challenges—doing more with less, addressing tough personnel problems—while protecting you and your company from legal liability. That’s why knowing employment law basics is a must for anyone in management. Sign up now and get the information you need to make sound legal decisions.
- What laws apply to your company
- Interview questions: what’s allowed, what’s not
- Personnel files: what to include
- Discipline and documentation
- Leave issues: state and federal Family and Medical Leave Acts, ADA, workers’ comp, short-term disability, pregnancy leave, etc.
- Wage and hour laws: overtime obligations, break requirements, and travel time
- Exempt vs. nonexempt employees: overtime entitlements
- Termination procedures
Speaker: Patrick J. McHale, Partner, Kainen, Esclera & McHale, P.C.
This program has been approved for 5.5 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Tune to WFSB Channel 3 or WTIC 1080 for cancellations due to inclement weather.