San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for truth elixirs, laser-cut rock art, flash mobs, food trucks, vast crowds of masked faces, Native American rock music, cyborgs and 3D printers.
Emerge unites artists, engineers, scientists, storytellers and designers to build, draw, write and rethink the future of the human species and the environments that we share.
This year, Emerge tackles The Future of Truth and explores the conflicting stories we tell about reality, justice, reason, facts and values.
Schedule: Saturday, March 2
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Science fiction legend Bruce Sterling
- Mythologist Betty Sue Flowers
- Visual futurist Syd Mead
- Knowledge enterprise architect and ASU President Michael Crow
- Artist and engineer Natalie Jeremijenko
- Theoretical physicist Paul Davies
Lunch will be served
5:00 - 7:00 pm
Food trucks, truth elixirs, atmospheric performances by Rachel Bowditch, Digital Culture Showcase and more
7:00 - 9:30 pm
Celebration and performances
- Twitter Verses, a performance by Lance Gharavi, Eileen Standley and Jake Pinholster
- School of Arts, Media and Engineering dance performance
- X-Act flash mob
- Migration Roots, a musical performance by James O’Halloran
- Waila and Cumbia music by D Faktion Nyne and Mumsigo Tribe, bands from the Tohono O’odham Nation
- Projection mapping by David Tinapple and students from ASU’s Digital Culture program
Need information on parking? Click here.
More schedule details available at http://emerge2013.asu.edu/schedule