Email Security, Authentication & DMARC Training
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
OTA is offering a full day intensive training including case studies, use cases and best practices for implementing, managing and optimizing email and domain authentication. Training will discuss technical details regarding SPF and DKIM deployment, including outbound and inbound authentication. Attendees will receive a first-hand and pragmatic view of the issues and benefits of implementing and managing authenticated email.
Who Should Attend:
- IT / Security Professionals
- Email Administrators
- Brand Owners
- Email Marketers
- Mike Jones, Director of Product Management of Agari
- Mike Hammer, Security Architect at American Greetings Interactive
- Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC). Building on the deployment of SPF and DKIM, DMARC provides significant telemetry and data aiding in brand protection and forensics reporting.
- Review on the importance of authenticating and sending customer critical email from a known TLD, (vs unknown sub-domains).
- Considerations for parked domains.
- Discussion on secure SMTP messaging including TLS and other solutions aiding in security and privacy enhancing capabilities.
- Case studies from Microsoft (Outlook.com), Facebook, Twitter and American Greetings.
Benefits To Brands, Recieving Networks & End Users
- Enhanced brand protection.
- Ability to communicate with receiving networks and ISPs what to do with illegitimate email.
- Feedback loop to improve and monitor their authentication infrastructure.
- Visibility on both the abuse of a domain.
- How to optimize authentication across all domains and subdomains.
- Greater confidence of the email channel.
- Significant reduction in risk of phishing from DMARC domains.
Fees include breakfast, lunch, breaks and curriculum workbook.
For more information visit https://otalliance.org/events/emailauth.html or call 425-455-7400
Closed to press. Chatham House Rule in Effect
When & Where
The Online Trust Alliance (OTA)
OTA is a 501c3 IRS approved non-profit orginzation with the mission to enhance online trust, while promoting innovation and the vitality of the internet. Founded in 2004, OTA’s goal is to help educate businesses, policy makers and stakeholders while developing and advancing best practices and tools to enhance the protection of users' security, privacy and identity. OTA supports collaborative public-private partnerships, benchmark reporting, meaningful self-regulation and data stewardship. https://otalliance.org