This event has ended

Elwha Restoration Revealed

NatureBridge

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Bellingham, WA

Elwha Restoration Revealed

Ticket Information

Type End Quantity
Single admission Ended Free  

Who's Going

Loading your connections...

Share Elwha Restoration Revealed

Event Details

NatureBridge, the North Cascades Institute, and the

WWU Huxley College of the Environment present

 

 

  

Elwha Restoration Revealed

Featuring:

  • A preview of John Gussman's documentary film, Return of the River
  • Jeff Duda, Research Ecologist, U.S. Geological Survey, Western Fisheries Research Center
  • Stephen Streufert, Pacific Northwest Director, NatureBridge

 

            Wednesday, April 10, 2013           7 p.m.                

Western Washington University, Room AW 204

Parking is free. Directions will be sent after registration.

 

FREE EVENT - REGISTRATION REQUESTED


MORE INFORMATION

Date and Time
: Wednesday, April 10, 2013, at 7 p.m.
Location: WWU’s Academic Instructional West (AW) building, room 204
Cost: FREE
Parking
: FREE in gravel lots near AW building at south end of campus



Have questions about Elwha Restoration Revealed? Contact NatureBridge

When & Where


Western Washington University, Room AW 204

Bellingham, WA 98225

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 7:00 PM


  Add to my calendar

Organizer

NatureBridge

Mission

At NatureBridge, we foster environmental literacy to sustain our planet.
 

Environmental science in nature’s classroom

NatureBridge provides hands-on environmental science programs for children and teens.  Our multi-day programs take place outdoors in the magnificence of nature’s classroom, where students are immersed in the wonder and science of our national parks in Yosemite, Golden Gate, Olympic, Santa Monica Mountains, Channel Islands, and Prince William Forest.

Founded as Yosemite Institute in 1971, today NatureBridge welcomes more than 700 schools and 30,000 students and teachers each year to our six campuses.  After more than 40 years of teaching and inspiring students, NatureBridge has provided life-changing experiences for more than 1 million participants and is a national leader in the field of environmental education. 
 

Providing access for all students

NatureBridge environmental science programs are inclusive.  Access for all to transformational science experiences and diversity of participants and educators are core organizational values.  We strive to make our programs available to students from all communities and work intentionally to bring students from underserved communities to our programs and to our national parks.  More than 50% of our participating schools receive scholarship support, and more than 30% of our students are from underrepresented communities.

The NatureBridge business model is fueled by a powerful combination of earned and contributed revenue.  More than 70% of our revenue comes from the tuition associated with our environmental science programs, and the remaining 30% comes from donations.  NatureBridge is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.  We rely on generous donations to support our mission, to support scholarships, and to support new curricula development and program extensions into classrooms. 
 

Making an impact

Our staff of environmental science educators is at the core of our organization.  Working with small groups of elementary, middle, and high school students, our educators bring science to life in national parks through engaging environmental science lessons: walks, hikes, scrambles, explorations, and overnight backcountry expeditions to the best spots in each park. Our educators bring diverse backgrounds to NatureBridge, including advanced degrees in science and education, experience with scientific research, classroom teaching, wilderness expeditionary leadership, outdoor education, and a wide range of other professions.

Our educators’ strong skills in environmental science and outdoor education, combined with the magnificent settings of our national park campuses, have strong impacts on the students we serve.

  Contact the Organizer

Please log in or sign up

In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.