San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The LWV of the Elgin Area cordially invites you to participate in a moderated Candidate Forum for the candidates running for the Elgin City Council. A total of five (5) candidates will be chosen on the April 9th General Election.
Four (4) , 4-year seats are available. The list of candidates in alphabetical order are:
Andrew R. Cuming
Cody D. Holt
Stephen D. Knight
ADDITIONALLY THERE IS ONE (1), 2-year seat available. (A primary candidate forum has been scheduled for Feb. 24th, at the Gail Borden Public Library from 1-4PM) There will be two (2) chosen from this field of nine in the primary election.( The winning candidates will be added here on February 27th.) In alphabetical order the candidates running in the February 26th Primary for the 2-year seat are:
Roy Chapman III
This is the link for the Primary Forum http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4968988378/rss
Elections and voting are core concerns for the League of Women Voters. Year in and year out, Leagues are committed to providing fact-based information about issues and the positions candidates take on those issues to help voters make their own decisions and participate in the process.
The League of Women Voters never supports or opposes candidates for office, or political parties. Any use of the League of Women Voters name in campaign advertising or literature has not been authorized by the League.
When & Where
League of Women Voters of the Elgin Area
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging the informed and active participation of citizens in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
LWVEA serves the people of Bartlett, Carpentersville, Dundee, Elgin, Gilberts, Sleepy Hollow, and South Elgin.
One (1) 2-year seat is available. The candidates in alphabetical order are
Doors Open at 12:30
Candidate Forum - Rules & Guidelines
The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan, issue-oriented political organization that holds voter education as a primary mission.
This is why the League sponsors forums such as this. We must abide by certain rules to respect the impartiality of the organization and the event.We do not endorse or recommend candidates for office and we are neutral with regard to the candidates who are the focus of this forum. Filming, other than by the League or its partners is not allowed.
- The League is not responsible for the accuracy of statements made by the candidates.
- The candidates were requested to address a specific question(s) in their opening remarks.
- Audience questions will be written and collected by League members. Questions are to address issues, not personalities. The League reserves the right to screen questions.
- Please write only one question per card, and there may not be time for all questions.
- Time limits for candidate responses will be enforced.
- No campaign buttons, or the like will be allowed in the forum.
- Audience will remain silent and in their seats during the forum.
- Audience will not be permitted to respond in any audible way to the candidates.