Electric Imp Hackathon
Saturday, December 7, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This isn't going to be a heavily competitive hackathon - the goal is to build something fun, and leave knowing a little bit more than when you showed up. We'll be giving away Electric Imp swag to attendees who build or learn really cool things, and will have a few SparkFun gift certificates for the teams who build the most interesting hacks.
What you'll need:
- A laptop (for writing code)
- Some hardware to play with
- We suggest our $35 Hackathon Kit if you're new to electronics, or unsure what you want to build (you should order your components at least one week in advance to ensure they arrive on time).
- Feel free to bring your own tools (not required)
What we'll provide:
- Electric Imp DevKits
- USB mini cables
- Tools to make things:
- Soldering stations
- Wire strippers, wire, etc.
- Miscellaneous components (resistors, caps, etc.)
- Food and drinks to keep you happy
Schedule (including workshops):
- 10:00am - Breakfast + meet and greet + hacking begins
- 11:00am - Workshop: Getting Started with Electric Imp
- 12:00pm - Workshop: Getting Started with Firebase
- 1:00pm - Lunch
- 3:00pm - Workshop: Building APIs and 'Thin Devices'
- 6:00pm - Dinner
- 8:30pm - Hacking Ends
- 9:00pm - Presentations (to show off what you made or learned)
- 10:00pm - Good Night!
When & Where
Electric Imp is building a core connectivity platform within the Internet of Things through an innovative solution that delivers a powerful cloud service tied closely to leading-edge hardware, making it simple to connect devices to the Internet. Our unique WiFi-enabled solution dramatically decreases cost and time to market and is reliable and secure, empowering manufacturers and developers to manage and quickly scale their connected products and services to millions of users.
To learn more about Electric Imp, visit electricimp.com