eL200-Intro to Teaching Online 2016 FALL (eLearning 200, F2F format)
Monday, September 26, 2016 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
eL200-Intro to Teaching Online (f2f – 3hrs, no post-work)
An introduction to teaching online or hybrid, facilitated by Clark eLearning.
This short face-to-face workshop is optional and recommended if you are newer to teaching online and/or if you want a face-to-face jump start to the eL201 online workshop. By the end of the workshop, you should have a basic understanding of online teaching characteristics, challenges, and strategies, specifically as they differ from teaching face-to-face. Topics intended to help instructors design successful online content will include:
- Instructional styles
- Student population
- Adapting subject matter teaching strategies for online
- Course development formats
- Assessment methods with pros and cons for online delivery
- Delivery techniques
After attending, participants will be ready to start Canvas 201 online.
- eL 101-Intro to Canvas
OTHER eLEARNING OFFERINGS AVAILABLE:
- eL105-Canvas Grading
- eL110-Applying the Quality Matters Rubric
- eL201-Online Teaching and Design strategies (eLearning 201, previously Canvas 201; online format)
- eL202-Teaching Online with Hybrid format
- eL210-Efective Online Discussions (eLearning 21, online format)
- eL220-Universal design
- eL221-Instructional Technology
Contact Kathy Chatfield at email@example.com for more information.