San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Every Day Ready is conducting a 2-DayDefensive Handgun course.
This 2-Day course is designed to benefit both beginners and experienced shooters who wish to learn or improve both fundamental and defensive shooting skills. The course provides hands-on training by experienced instructors and presentation of subjects related to the defensive use of deadly force.
The course provides: handgun safety, function, manipulation, the seven (7) fundamentals of marksmanship, dry fire training, shooting from a ready position, shooting from the draw, shooting from various ranges, reloading, engaging multiple targets, defensive shooting tactics, a qualification shoot and the day will conclude with fun & challenging shooting drills to apply what you’ve learned.
This course will also include specific skills intended for defense inside the home and in/around vehicles.
The cost is $300 per student.
The class will be offered outdoors on private property located at:
6702 Wildlife Trail
Raleigh, NC 27613
Google Maps link:
Last Mile: Proceed down Wildlife Trail, past Dead Broke Horse Farm, and look for the Every Day Ready sign on the left. Drive through the gate and follow the gravel road all the way to the range site. Park along the ditch on right in the gravel parking area.
For more information, please contact Monty and/or Stephen directly.
Eligibility to Attend
- Each student will submit an EDR completed and signed waiver.
- Must meet all Federal and State laws to possess and operate a handgun.
- The class will begin promptly at 8am each. Students should plan on arriving at 7:30am to move to the range and set up for class.
- The class is approximately 16 hours in length Students should expect to be done by 4:30pm daily.
- Class is held rain or shine
- The class covers the following topics:
- Handgun safety
- Handgun terminology and operation
- Basic handgun manipulations
- Fundamentals of marksmanship
- Dry fire training
- Shooting from a ready position
- Shooting from the draw
- Shooting from various ranges
- Engaging multiple targets
- Defensive shooting tactics
- Qualification shoot
- Fun & challenging shooting drills to apply what you’ve learned
- A shooting proficiency qualification is required at the end of the day.
- The qualification will consist of 50 rounds from varing ranges on a silhouette target.
- Successful completion of the shooting qualification certifies capability and enables students to register for future higher level training.
Student Required Items
- All handguns should arrive unloaded and secured and should remain that way until instructed otherwise.
- An operational handgun. ***Rental handguns are available during checkout for $125. Each rental includes spare magazines, holster and a magazine carrier and 300 rounds of ammo for the class. Rentals must use EDR provided ammo.***
- Extra magazine(s) and magazine carrier if available.
- 1000 rounds of ammunition for your handgun.
- A holster that fits your handgun
Eye and Ear (hearing) protection
- No cross draw or shoulder holsters are allowed for safety reasons.
- Appropriate clothing *** The class is conducted entirely outdoors. Please dress appropriately! ***
- Long Pants with a belt are recommended regardless of temperature
- Appropriate outdoor shoes
- A Hat is recommended
- Layered clothing to adjust for comfort
- Jacket based on time of year. Waterproof is recommended.
- Insect repellent according to time of year
- Lunch, snack and drinks
If the student has any special needs or requirements, please inform the instructors prior to enrolling. If the student does not have any of the required items, please let the instructors know immediately.
For any questions on the class or these requirements, please contact the instructors prior to your class date.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Save This Event
When & Where
Every Day Ready
Every Day Ready, or EDR, focuses on providing exceptional training in firearms, self protection and emergency preparedness.
EDR instructors bring years of experience in to a small class structure that allows students to receive personal attention, a positive experience that maximizes skill development and the opportunity to train critical skills.
From the first-time or novice to the experienced, EDR has course offerings for all skill levels. We look forward to the opportunity to train with you!