San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
As promised, we are offering a bonus editing workshop to all the participants of the February 17th and 23rd Tabletop Filmmaking classes on Sunday March 17th, from 1 pm to 3 pm. The focus of the workshop will be editing. We’ll use iMovie for iOS as our editing tool.
Here is the two-part format of the class:
Part 1) We'll help anyone who has already started editing on their mobile device, or other equipment.
Part 2) For those of you who haven't downloaded the footage or started editing, we will:
- Look at the footage in Dropbox and review how Dropbox works if necessary.
- Transfer footage from your Tabletop projects to your iOS device or other equipment using a very cool app called PhotoSync or with iTunes, depending on your preference. Bring your own equipment for this, or follow along as we demonstrate with one project.
- View a portion of the Lynda.com tutorial 'iMovie for iPad and IPhone Essential Training' using our membership. While we take the course, we will review some of our footage and add to the iMovie timeline to get a start on editing.
- We'll begin editing and get as far as we can on a cut and sound during the workshop.
- We'll review how to share the final cut with others on YouTube and other means of distribution.
- We'll screen any completed projects. Thank you so much for your participation. We hope you learned as much as we did during the classes.
* * * * * *
When & Where
The Los Angeles Makerspace is a non-profit community space for makers of all ages to work on projects and take classes in software, hardware, electronics, robotics, art, filmmaking, bio-tech, eco-tech, wearable-tech and more.