Economics of Health Content Seminar: March 20th, NYC
Thursday, March 20, 2008 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
REFUND POLICY: Substitutions will gladly be accepted at any time. Cancellations received by Feb 25 , 2008 will receive a full refund. No refunds will be issued after Feb 26, 2008. All substitutions and cancellations must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seminar Title: "Economics of Health Content"
The date: March 20, 2008.
The venue: TheTimesCenter
Description: EconHealth takes place against the backdrop of changing economics of the health content market as health information, news and research move online and mobile, and consumer-driven health care becomes a bigger phenomenon. Our specific focus will be the evolving business models for consumer health media companies, VC and M&A deals being done in the industry, the players in the industry, both big and small, and innovative services and disruptors in the space.
The format is simple: one keynote Q&A and three panels. We’re excited to announce that the keynote interview is with Steve Case, chairman and CEO of Revolution LLC, a co-founder of America Online.
-- Competition for Attention: Health portals vs Portals with Health vs Oldline Publishers vs Service Providers
-- Emerging models: Search engines, merging medical info with personal medical data, ad networks, and social media
-- Deals: Health and wellness media M&A and venture capital investments
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Raj Amin, CEO and co-founder, HealthiNation
- Stephanie Dolgins, VP-Women's & Lifestyle, AOL
- Esther Dyson, EDventure
- David Kang, SVP and Editorial Director, Rodale Interactive Services
- David Kramer, CEO, Digitas Health
- Steven H. Krein, CEO and co-founder, OrganizedWisdom
- John Lambros, Managing Director, Savvian
- Morris R. Levitt, Managing Director-Life Science, DeSilva+Phillips
- Marjorie Martin, GM-Health, About.com
- Daniel Palestrant, CEO, Sermo
- Chris Schroeder, CEO and president, The HealthCentral Network
- Dean Stephens, president and COO, Healthline
- Benjamin Wolin, CEO, Waterfront Media/EverydayHealth
More details at the EconHealth web site .
A special thanks to About.com, a major underwriter of EconHealth, for helping us secure TheTimesCenter.