Eat Local, Eat Your Landscaping
Saturday, October 6, 2012 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Palo Alto, CA
There is no food more local than stepping out into your own yard and picking fresh fruit and vegetables year round, and that’s what is possible in our temperate climate. Experienced and enthusiastic landscape designer Deva Luna will share with youher edible landscape favorites, from trees to vines and shrubs and even edible weeds! California native plants and drought-tolerant plants will be included in the list with tips from a professional landscaper. Learn how to incorporate edibles into your existing landscape, eat your own organic food and have fun doing it! Taught by Deva Luna, who is a Horticulturist/educator who learned how to garden and forage from her grandmother and grew up to become a Master Gardener. She designs beautiful sustainable and edible landscapes for EarthCare Landscaping. Deva lives in the foothills,with 90 fruit and nut trees, 40 chickens, and some pet stick-bugs.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.